Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Mid-week solo ride to the Desert


I needed to bid on painting project in the Coachella Valley today. Rather than be stuck in a "cage" for several hours, I decided to jump on the bike instead. The warm Santa Ana weather is a distant memory and has been replaced with more seasonal temps. Heading out at 8a.m. in low forty degree weather would require some layering. I broke out a mix of snowboard apparel and warm riding gear. I was surprisingly warm rolling up the Interstate 5. It felt good to sneak in a ride when normally I would be spreading paint on a Wednesday morning. Last weekend we got rained out on our usual jaunt to Mt.Palomar so I was eager to get in some saddle time. The freeway portion is monotonous but before I knew I was back on two lane pavement at Temecula. In the back of my mind I was a bit anxious knowing that it snowed several inches in the local mountains. I figured by 9:30 a.m. it would be warm enough to avoid icy conditions. Anza was blanketed with the white stuff and made for a picturesque view on both side of the road. The clean air, light traffic, and scenery was exactly what I needed to clear away the clutter in my mind. I stopped at the top of Hwy. 74 and snapped a quick shot before heading down to the Desert floor. After conducting my business I enjoyed the trip back to the beach. Having an alternative to driving a car will always be a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment