Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Day 2009


Running a bit late I arrived at John's garage at 8:20. After a quick adjustment to my chain we were off to breakfast at Kono's. Traveling toward the beach we could see the marine layer was starting to burn off. It was going to be very favorable for ride in the backcountry.
We topped off our tanks and headed South on I-5. I lead the way til the 54East, keeping a mellow pace of low eighties. Otay Lakes Rd. was a new experience, smooth sweeping corners were drawing me in. We wound our way east on Honey Springs Rd. another new twisty two-lane for me.
Descanso was our half way mark, so we topped of again and took a break to stretch our legs.I snapped a quick shot of John's Ducati and my Yamaha. Deciding to take Old Hwy. 8 proved to be worthwhile as we enjoyed light traffic and lots of fast corners. The odometer read 157 miles when I pulled in at home. It was a terrific start of the New Year. I look forward to many more travels on two wheels this year.

1 comment:

  1. I think the Black Crows said it best with the title of their 90's hit, " Jelous Again." Can't wait for the next 'hook-up!' Here's hoping this year brings all the s-miles and splendors of a great ride! Happy New year, bro!

    ReplyDelete