Monday, January 12, 2009

On Sunday we ride



A strong Santa Ana condition created ideal weather for our regular ride to Palomar Mtn. I awoke at 5:30 am feeling well rested and anxious to hit the road. We headed for East County at 6:15. John set a spirited pace down the 52 east. I looked forward to getting to El Cajon and grabbing a cup of Joe while we wait for the usual suspects. On the dot at 7am with all who are going we head to Ramona for breakfast. Wildcat Canyon is the back route to Ramona and a good warm up ride. After my usual spinach omelet we are off to Palomar Mtn.

Feeling relaxed, warm and confident I enjoyed the first half of our trip. We arrive at the Cafe at the top around 9:30. Nick rode up from the desert and continued with our group to Crest, CA. I really love to ride with these guys. It is a no nonsense affair. They ride a a quick pace and I never get tired of watching the bikes in front of me tipping it into the corners.

Arriving back where we started around 1:00 pm just in time to watch the Chargers lose to Pittsburgh. 250 miles added to the odometer, another great Sunday ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment