Saturday, January 17, 2009

Solo ride to the Desert


Every now and then I take a trip alone. I needed to meet with a client in the Coachella Valley today and decided to ride out on the bike. Southern California is still enjoying unseasonably warm temperatures, perfect for two wheel travel. With a fresh Michelin mounted on the rear wheel I rolled out of Pacific Beach at 8 a.m. After getting the freeway portion out of the way I headed East through Temecula. Fairly light traffic meant I was able to click off some fast miles on the 371. After a quick stop in Anza I was anticipating the ride down to Desert floor via Hwy. 74. This particular two lane is among the finest in So Cal for sport bikes. The pavement is uniform and twisties are abundant. With only a few cars to pass I enjoyed the road to myself.

Heading back I stopped at the Vista point to take in the view and chat with some fellow bikers. Absolutely stellar weather accompanied me throughout the day. I arrived home a bit stiff from 2 hours in the saddle. Closing the garage door, one word came to mind. Gratification.














No comments:

Post a Comment